
New York. Yes it is big. That we can agree on. Saw the whole city from the top of the Empire State Building. Actually, there was a higher platform but it was more money. Saw Times Square. Consumerism in bright lights. Went to a sweet comic book shop. Went to the American Museum of Natural History, which was incredible. I usually don't have such a great time at museums, but this one was amazing. Saw a little bit of Central Park as well. Ate a hot dog. We walked around a lot and got cold. As in 'cooled'. And also it was freezing.
It's an understatement to say there is a lot to see in New York. It's unbelievable. But it made me feel uneasy. It's just too much. Not my kind of life. Glad to be home. A week in New York with a ton of money though - that could be all right. I could get into that.
I think I am off my Comic Book kick for a bit. I still love them and I'm glad that this part of my life is not gone. But I am not saturating myself with comics this day. I took all of them back to the library, in fact. I loved walking into that comic book shop in New York though. The smell of comics brings me back. Back to the Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville next to McDonald's. I went there a lot in grade school.
Right now I am reading Diary of a Seducer by Kierkegaard. I half enjoy it. At any point I could put it down and forget about it. I could also read my way to the end. I'm just passive about it. Like I am about everything. Also started reading Grant Us Courage: Travels Along the Mainline of American Protestantism by Randall Balmer. I love Balmer. So does this guy, in the back. Yeah, yeah. Balmer Baumer. So what, right? The thing I like about Balmer is that he takes an ethnographical approach to religion. And I like it even more that he considers himself a Christian. You'd expect it from someone who isn't a Christian.
Does everyone know that this is my week off? Let's make love. And happy.

