Remember the dog on Full House...
Mike, Emily and I came back from Fuel and Fuddle last night to find a loose dog - a golden retriever to be precise. We played with her on our porch for a bit and waited, thinking someone was walking her and she just got away. But no one was out looking for her. She was the friendliest dog. When I said, "I'm going to call you...Little Jimmy!" she jumped all over me. She must have liked that name a lot. Mike was in love and so was Em. We took her upstairs and let her in our apartment and on our bed. We are silly, I know. She found this lid for a bottle of limeade and was in love. It was a welcoming texture, I guess. As soon as she put that lid in her mouth she started to howl, but it was a muffled howl. It was so cute!
We called the police and they sent an officer to our door. He said they would take her to the kennel and without a tag she didn't have too good a chance of being found. He suggested I hold on to her for the night and see if anyone calls them. He took my information* and said if anyone called they would let me know and that I should also call in the morning. Which I found tedious: why call if no one called in? So I got up at 9 and took Little Jimmy for a walk. Within a minute the owners had found their dog. A couple, in their 30s, fit and sort of hip, with another golden retreiver. It wasn't Little Jimmy at all, but Riley. Which is a nice name. They said they called the police this morning and were told they had no information on a lost dog. Thanks you dicks! I would post pictures but Em took her camera away. Actually it's my camera too. Its funny how that works. And the car and the iPod. SHIT! I know, I know - I'm the one who calls them hers. Whatever. But yeah - we had an interesting night. I'll miss you Little Jimmy.
*Ever notice that when police take down information it's on scraps of paper? wtf?
We called the police and they sent an officer to our door. He said they would take her to the kennel and without a tag she didn't have too good a chance of being found. He suggested I hold on to her for the night and see if anyone calls them. He took my information* and said if anyone called they would let me know and that I should also call in the morning. Which I found tedious: why call if no one called in? So I got up at 9 and took Little Jimmy for a walk. Within a minute the owners had found their dog. A couple, in their 30s, fit and sort of hip, with another golden retreiver. It wasn't Little Jimmy at all, but Riley. Which is a nice name. They said they called the police this morning and were told they had no information on a lost dog. Thanks you dicks! I would post pictures but Em took her camera away. Actually it's my camera too. Its funny how that works. And the car and the iPod. SHIT! I know, I know - I'm the one who calls them hers. Whatever. But yeah - we had an interesting night. I'll miss you Little Jimmy.
*Ever notice that when police take down information it's on scraps of paper? wtf?

