Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Eating Indian and Smoking Fags

TodayI do not work. I plan to make nor have no plans, although, to be honest, I already have a few brewing. In the kitchen, on the stove. Last night Vin came by CVS at around 8:50 as I was trying to count drawers down. I had told him this weekend that on Tuesday night we should go to Mulaney's Harp and Fiddle in the Strip District. But I forgot about that. I kind of wanted to just go home, but had a great time anyway. Plus Em was tired and had a headache so I probably would have just laid there bored all night. I guess I could have been a 'husband' and 'been there for her'. Dustin had called earlier to hang out, so I picked him up on the way. We arrived at Mulaney's around 10:00 and to out surprise there was no where to sit and there was this strange dancing going on. And Irish Folk singing. So we left, although I could tell Vin wanted to stay. We went to India Garden instead. Dustin's first time. I told him to get Chicken Tikka Masala, because that was the first Indian entree I tried and loved it. So did he, by the way. He didn't even take any leftovers home! That's incredible for him. I had a New Castle and a Guiness; Vin had a 60 minute IPA, Dustin had a Arrogant Bastard. Vin and I smoked afterwards - Camel Lights, because the Turtle Creek Tobacco Outlet doesn't have Camel Special Lights, which are my favorite. They'll be the death of me, right? Luckily I dont smoke a lot. And not so lucky that I started to begin with.

I was talking to Jessica last night at work, as I did the family planning update, about smoking. She started smoking when she was eight, and so did I. Although I quit around 9 and didnt touch them again until highschool, then not again until January of 2004. I've been smoking since then. Her cousin got her to start and so did my cousin. What's weird is that the cousin who got her to smoke was a guy, and the cousin who I smoked with was a girl - Jen. Well maybe with Jen it was mutual, but either way its strange to share this connection.

I smoked with my friends Georgie, Aaron, and Johnnie. We smoked Lucky Strikes and Camels in between these one-level office buildings, adjacent to Georgie and Aaron's house. We use to hide the cigarettes in the building's electric meters, which, unlike most meters I have seen, had a protruding shield - they served as tiny vaults. I remember the first day I smoked. Georgie and I were getting chased by these two black kids around Wilkinsburg, zig-zagging across South Ave, through alleyways and parking lots. I lost my friend and ended up behind this senior care facility. The back of which was always very deserted and frightening. The kids ended up stopping, getting off their bikes, pulling out cigarettes and forcing me to smoke with them. Hard to believe, but that's how I had my first cigarette at age 8, maybe 9. And the rest is...smoke?

0 kind words:

Post a Comment

<< Home