Thursday, August 25, 2005

guck and lodspeed

I bought Samba classics today. A laser burned hair off of my wound and the surrounding area. Percoset made me nautious, sleepy, and above all, able to bear the pain. Em and Beth almost came to pick me up, but I was able to drive myself home. I got 'The Brown Bunny' and am watching it right now. Even though I am supposed to watch it with Mike and James. But it is due back Saturday at noon, it cost me $4, and I am impatient. I talked with advisors in both the Philosophy and English department about graduate school. Looks like I am going to attempt a PhD in English. A Master's degree doesn't guarantee a teaching position like a PhD does. Plus it's a free ride if you can get in, while a Master's means more debt. So, the question is: How do I pull it off? I'm just going to apply to a few schools that seem interesting and that will be that. If I don't get in, I will officially forget about teaching and try something else. Wish me luck and godspeed.

Tonight I hope to talk with Joel about this movie we are going to write. I'm excited about it. I don't have any expectations just yet, but know that working with Joel will be a lot better for me than working with Dan. Joel has a good work ethic and a fast intellect. Not to say that Dan doesn't have those things, I just know that with Joel I won't have a repeat of this summer. Other news: Meth Bike may be back. That makes me happy. I wish them luck and godspeed.



0 kind words:

Post a Comment

<< Home