Thursday, December 21, 2006

Trapped. Maybe ten years down the road I will look back on this feeling and smile warmly with the knowledge that things had changed and were better. Maybe you think my situation isn't so bad. Either way, I feel utterly trapped.

I got my parents telling me to go back to school and get my teaching degree. I got James telling me to get my MBA. I got Caglar telling me to come and live the spirit of Jesus Christ. The thing about schooling and the MBA is that they do not solve my immediate problem. Either way I either have to stick it out at CVS or find another job, because I cannot take out a loan to live on while I go to school. But what's this other job? That's what is important to me. Of the two, between an MBA and Teaching, I have to say I like the latter. I've always been fond of teaching.

People are always telling me I'd be a good teacher.

Here's my ideal situation. A job falls in my lap, by word of mouth or hops up like a cat. And that is the whole problem: I'm passive to a fault. Though it feels like a truism to say that. Being passive is never seen to be a good thing in american economics.

My plan. District managers are always wanting to know what the plan is. Well, Dirty Mustache, my plan is to rot and die. No, no. I think I will polish my resume and hand it to select retailers in the area. I will look into this inner city schooling thing in Baltimore and Philadelphia, where the schooling is 75% paid for and you get paid and, I heard it said, housing is paid for as well.
That way I can have a change of pace in the meantime, the meantime here means while Emily finishes her degree. (I've been reading Lemony Snicket).

There. Are you happy 'blog'?

2 kind words:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes.

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah SHIT!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home