I got tossed into the shit tonight at work. I could go into it, tell you everything that went wrong, but I don't want to re-live it. I mean I'll tell it to you in person but to write it out is exhausting. The one thing that was funny I will share.
I told Emily that I wanted to be a lot of things for Halloween. One was to have a different walk. The other was to go as a person, just wear what I want. The last was to have a different face - basically make a face all day. (The one I like is my mouth up to the right and my nose flared with eyes sort-of cocked) Anyway, I didn't go out and get any costume materials so I had to use what I had in my closet. I came up with jeans, brown chuck taylors, and a blue plaid button down shirt. More or less what I might wear on any occasion. Except that I rarely wear the shirt, but it is mine and I can do what I want - when I want. More on that later, I mean real late (elbow nudge)* Anyway, I went to work with the idea that I could tell those who asked that I was intending to be a cowboy, or cowhand, or westerner, or, like, a rancher. But I had not the cowboy shoes, nor the cowboy hat. My manager, by the way, went all out and was Wilma Flinstone, with a bright orange wig and a big white faux-stone necklace. The works, really. Enough on her, Jesus. So here's what people said about my costume: i) are you supposed to be a college student? ii) no, he's a high school student. (I got real swool about that and so I thought about making her swool, but didn't) And lastly, my dream come true, iii) are you supposed to be a person?
HURRAY!
* I don't even know what I'm talking about, do you? (It's a footnote Jesus, don't cry)
I told Emily that I wanted to be a lot of things for Halloween. One was to have a different walk. The other was to go as a person, just wear what I want. The last was to have a different face - basically make a face all day. (The one I like is my mouth up to the right and my nose flared with eyes sort-of cocked) Anyway, I didn't go out and get any costume materials so I had to use what I had in my closet. I came up with jeans, brown chuck taylors, and a blue plaid button down shirt. More or less what I might wear on any occasion. Except that I rarely wear the shirt, but it is mine and I can do what I want - when I want. More on that later, I mean real late (elbow nudge)* Anyway, I went to work with the idea that I could tell those who asked that I was intending to be a cowboy, or cowhand, or westerner, or, like, a rancher. But I had not the cowboy shoes, nor the cowboy hat. My manager, by the way, went all out and was Wilma Flinstone, with a bright orange wig and a big white faux-stone necklace. The works, really. Enough on her, Jesus. So here's what people said about my costume: i) are you supposed to be a college student? ii) no, he's a high school student. (I got real swool about that and so I thought about making her swool, but didn't) And lastly, my dream come true, iii) are you supposed to be a person?
HURRAY!
* I don't even know what I'm talking about, do you? (It's a footnote Jesus, don't cry)

