Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Slaughtering of My Wheat Jeep by Chetty C

I decided to start a food diary. Which means I can justify buying a new little notebook. That is really the only reason I'm doing it. Before I started to exercise I first bought the shorts and a shirt. What I'm saying is a new phase in life is always kicked off by a purchase. And I think I'm 100% right on this and that's just it.

To prove my point I decided to interview the nation's top execs. And so I was off to prove my point, right? Well, it wasn't that easy. I was halfway across Indiana when I realized I had not bought anything for this new phase and so had proved myself wrong. Thus I drove home, but first bought a cool slice, which is only available in Indiana.

On a serious note, I may be allergic or have an intolerance to wheat. Thus my life is about to get thrown in the shit. I'll start the food diary and do some days without wheat, not today though because I already had Honey Nut O's and a Flax waffle. I bought rice bread yesterday, but really do not want to eat it because its very unappealing. It's hard, crumbly and has to be refrigerated, all of which is a serious problem. And I love bread! Woh is me mon freres!

I have the morning free. I hope to get my Jeep back to the Chiarizios and then burn it and myself in a protest against Chet, Emily's Grandfather (and by default you can assume Chet is also the Grandfather of Joel and his kid sis Beth). "That Jeep...is...worth a...million bucks I...would pay...all of it if...I had it," said Chet.

I finished Slaughterhouse by Gail Eisnitz. I've already read Slaughterhouse Five I just need to read two, three, and four now. Ha! I just busted a gut. But seriously, Slaughterhouse is a must read. It will change your heart you baby!

Next up on my reading list, (one [or more{because you never know}] of the following):

The Crow Road by Iain Banks

The Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem

A Model World by Michael Chabon

The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie

Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner

Ninjas, Piranhas, and Galileo by Greg Leitich Smith

Tofu and T. Rex by ibid.

It's a great blog. The End.

3 kind words:

Blogger Reese said...

Hey! I want to start a food diary too! But for different reasons I'm sure. I am trying to gain weight, but do so in a healthy way. Getting a trainer or going to see a nutritionist would be too expensive for me, but I was thinking I could get a cute little notebook (I was tempted into buying a couple I saw at the store the other day--back to school sections, you know--and justified it by this food diary idea as well) and keep track of my eating habits for a month and then show *that* to a professional for their opinion and suggestions.

PS I am about to start Freakonomics! Alicia just finished it this past weekend and passed it on to me...

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't read any of those books you asshole!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Rosemeyer said...

Yeah, not one you faggot.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home