Saturday, June 17, 2006

A new game I came up with called name the story behind this endcap.

My manager is on vacation next week, which means I work 6 days. I also have to deal with all of these boxes we got on our truck from this store that closed in West Mifflin. Boxes of crap, I'm sure. It's going to be my hell week.

My manager had a meeting yesterday and met our new Regional Manager. Apparently he wants endcaps that tell a story. I was thinking of some good ones. An endcap with kleenex, a few books on the effects of Alcohol and some on drunk driving. Maybe a few Lifetime type movies. This endcap's story: my kid just got hit and killed by a drunk driver.

Another, you ask? Some potting soil, gardening gloves, Pringles, toothpaste, and vitamins. This endcap's story: I want to garden but I'm hungry for pringles and need to brush my teeth and take my vitamins. Good story, right?

Another! One bottle of Jergens, a row of pencils, Hawaiian Punch, and looseleaf paper. The story: A kid wants to right his mom in jail. He's thirsty. She's in jail for stealing a bottle of Jergens.

My point is, if you havent noticed, is that we could make any old endcap we wanted because you can make a story out of anything. So fuck you Matt, Mr Regional Manager.

I have poison ivy on my right hand. It is hard to contain and seems to be spreading down my arm. Thanks poison ivy, real cool.

How about garbage bags, brownie mix, blank cassette tapes, and hair ties? You think of that one.

9 kind words:

Blogger emsley said...

easy: the girls are having a sleepover, doing each other's hair. suddenly, patty falls on her face, dead. janie had poisoned the brownies. so the girls wrap up patty's body in garbage bags and bury her in the woods. when they come back, they make a mixtape about it.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Rosemeyer said...

wow, damn good, em - damn good!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Reese said...

hahaha Em's is great! mine not so much, but here goes:
Jimmy was a real sad kid...he really wanted to be in a band, but the only "instruments" he had were some garbage bags and hair ties. so he put the hair ties inside the garbage bag, and recorded the noise it made when he shook it around. after playing it back, he decided he may be better at baking than making music, so he went to buy a box of brownie mix (at CVS of course). he put on an apron. he was a real fag.

3:52 PM  
Blogger bethany said...

I too will submit a story.
A group of bandit orphans were out gallivanting. Sitting atop a window sill, a pan of brownies were set out to cool. The bandit orphans stuffed the brownies into the garbage bag they used to collect pilfered items. A journalist somehow befriended the children and interviewed them for her column in The Times. She used a tape recorded to do so. The orphans also stole the tape recorded and put it in the garbage bag. The journalist was so upset she started crying hair ties.

9:56 PM  
Blogger bethany said...

* recorder (twice)

9:57 PM  
Blogger emsley said...

i like the whole bit about crying hair ties!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Reese said...

I'm suprised James has not contributed to this one yet!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Rosemeyer said...

Well done everyone. You had me laughing hair ties and aprons and mixtapes and done running.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Reese said...

JAAAAAAAMES!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home