I felt like crap yesterday, and Em didn't feel so hot either, so we laid around. I don't feel so great today either. We watched The Family Stone which I thought was good. Megan was saying how unrealistic it is and how she hated it. Two things about that: Realism is based on reality, right? Name one family you know with a gay deaf kid who is married to a black guy. I can't say it's unrealistic because I'm sure the family exists, I just don't know them is all. So to say its unrealistic, you're either saying no family exists like that, which is clearly false, or you are saying based on what I have seen of families like this one, I think their portrayal is unrealistic. Which is also funny, because its your own sense of reality and based on nothing.
And besides: who cares so much about reality? Everything is so 'I liked it because it was so real' and blah blah blah. Can't there just be a story told for the sake of telling a story? My problem with Realism is that its such a given these days. You gotta make it real. It's just got to be real. But it's not really 'real'. Its just what we are comfortable with and what we accept as real.
I have to go to work now. And since I'm not sure if any of this makes sense, I'm going to pull a Beth and not allow comments. By the way, Beth you should allow comments again, because they are fun.
And besides: who cares so much about reality? Everything is so 'I liked it because it was so real' and blah blah blah. Can't there just be a story told for the sake of telling a story? My problem with Realism is that its such a given these days. You gotta make it real. It's just got to be real. But it's not really 'real'. Its just what we are comfortable with and what we accept as real.
I have to go to work now. And since I'm not sure if any of this makes sense, I'm going to pull a Beth and not allow comments. By the way, Beth you should allow comments again, because they are fun.

