My day ruined over lost sandals
Ok, I'm sitting in the office this morning when I hear all of this water dripping above and to the right of my head. It sounds too close to be a shower, it sounds like its actually dripping onto the office ceiling, and lots of it. Then I see the water, and lots of it. So I turn off the overhead light, which is still off, and luckily I have a guest about to check out. Lucky because while I run upstairs to see what the deal is, she gets trashcans to collect some of the water. I knock on room 207 and this kid, about 16 or so, answers. I ask him, "Do you have a water leak?" He says, "Yeah, I was looking for my sandals." It turns out that the water leak was from the toilet. He simply closed the door when it was gushing over the edge of the toilet like Niagara, and went to look for his sandals. While his mom, what, slept? Man was I thrilled. Meanwhile this lady, who is in a hurry and needs to leave, is putting out the candy dish to collect toilet water. Why would you not forget about the sandals and get your ass downstairs for some towels, or at least come down the steps and tell me. He could have even called me. That baffles me.
Now I'm sitting here in the dark office, because I can't turn on the light in case some water got into the electrical wires, with this pathetic lamp behind me and about 7 or 8 white towels, two trashcans, and a damp cardboard box to my right. This day is turning out to be tremendous. Oh and some of the water dripped on my head, so who knows what disease I will get - lice at least. Probably hiv and aids. Kill me dead.

