Thursday, November 10, 2005

Does not exist take an exit



The new Sun Kil Moon album, which is basically a covers album of a few choice Modest Mouse songs, is a hard one to listen to for a fan of the band. On first listen I was kind of uneasy about it. I didn't hate it or love it, but I was swaying towards the first. When I took a ride to Hollywood Video, I gave it a second try. Now I'm into it and have it on repeat. I've even got some other folks into it. What Mark Kozelek has done with these songs is quite remarkable actually. He has translated the music into the genre of folk, or better, into the realm of beauty. I was thinking, if he had used his own words, it would be his own and no one would know. But he's kept the words - now I know what Isaac was singing - and gave the songs a unique quality. I prefer his version of "Never Ending Math Equation" and "Exit does not Exist." Kozelek must have such a high appreciation for Modest Mouse to make the songs so absolutely perfect and beautiful. And until I heard this Sun Kil Moon album, I really hadn't thought of Isaac Brock's lyrics as beautiful, or touching, or vulnerable. Go, buy, download, listen, steal, run, jump!

So today I work at 11 and until 9. And hopefully Mike is coming over after that which is good stuff. I bet James and Kim will also - I love them, by the way. I love Mike as well. We have sex all the time. Pervert.

Last night Joel, Nathan, Vin, Brian (Skel) and I played music. We've got 4 songs and they are a lot of fun to play. They don't have names and neither do we. I want to be called "The Great Big Cock Explosion," so that will be it I guess. I really enjoy playing music again. And we are all taking it very seriously, which I like. We've got to convince Vin to stick around. After practice we went to Rosecliff and had 1/2 off pizza and a few beers. We dreamed of touring and 'making it'. We are probably the only budding band that talks about stuff like that, sarcastically speaking.

So on the career front, I've pretty much decided to take the assistant position. I figured, why not? I don't have anything else lined up and it is a significant pay jump. I do have a degree, which you can look at two ways. One: don't take it, go somewhere else. Ok, where? Two: take the position, if you don't like it leave - you have a degree. So, yeah. And Emily had a great idea, do you want to hear it? She will take my position at Family House! It is a perfect job for her. Hopefully that works out.

'Going up to Alaska and gonna get off scot fuckin' free'

On the eczema front, her hands are pussing this morning. But she looks so cute. Emily looks cutest when she first wakes up. She came out of the bedroom wearing - nothing! No, a brown shirt, which is one of my favorite colors on her. Next to blue, yellow, red, green, and black - in no order. I love crazy hair and no make up. It looks so damn good.

So, work anyone?

0 kind words:

Post a Comment

<< Home