Friday, November 25, 2005

I felt like I was dying.

I had this dream that I was back in Oregon. I think with Joel and one or two other friends, though I can't think of them now. I was under the impression that no one would be there, student-wise, but that was not the case; they had 12 days left even though it was clearly summer and the regular semester ends in December. It was so hard to be there, it felt like I was dying. Which is probably how it would feel to go back. We were all going to stay in our own cabin, which was a weird idea - so lonely. I was going to be in Meg's because I always liked her set-up. There was no one in her apartment and it was clean. Then I went over to the one I had stayed in and there were all of these kids there, and stuff everywhere. The one thing I remember is a piece of paper that read "sex" on the fridge. So I wanted to get out of there, didn't like it at all, and we stepped out onto the deck and all of these other kids start walking down the hill towards the bunkhouse. And one of the students was Jo-nathan. He had long hair. He was friends with this hispanic kid, and then all of these kids went into Meg's old apartment and started pushing dishes to the back of the cabinet, as fast and hard as they could. Then I thought I saw Sam, one of the professors, and his wife in a dragon costume, the one where one person is the head and front feet and the other the back feet. Only her head was sticking out at the top. When I got there it wasn't Sam at all. Then I was at the steps of this stone building that does not exist on the actual campus and I was getting information on the school, gathering pamphlets. Jim Titus came up behind me and asked something along the lines of, "Finding what you're looking for?" And I smiled thinking he knew and remembered me, but I could tell he had no clue who I was. It was such a weird and painful dream. I don't think I could ever go back to Oregon. But I hope to someday nonetheless.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment

<< Home