Pensar

Hey guess what? David Denby may have been right, now that I've re-read his article on "Walk the Line." You should read it for yourself.
This morning I got coffee at The Forest Hills Coffee Company on Ardmore. To the left of the register hangs a chalkboard which displays quotes for each day/week. Right now it reads: "A pedestrian is a person whose kid is home from college - Anonymous." I just don't get it. So your kid comes home and you go for walks? Or you're bored? The simplest things throw me off.
I then went to Panera and ate a Spinach and Artichoke Souffle, which I've ate before. Or is it 'eaten before'? Grammar, ha! I also got a cinnamon crunch bagel to go, if you must know. Then, here I will tell you a secret, I went to CVS and bought twerpz and twizzlers for the weekend, oh and water.
Damn it, now you know too much.
So, what's my plan for this weekend you ask? To read and blog, which is totally f'd up. I'll read some Esquire and some New Yorker and some Anna. My days here at Family House are numbered. And I' m glad for some reason. I know this job is sweet - how I get paid to write this sentence and ones like it all weekend. But I'd rather be home sleeping, or doing this ,with Emily and Nico and my slippers and v-necks and Arrested Development. Even though this job is easy and unbelievable, it's still time away from home; i.e. it's still work. I will be glad to only have one job, and to think that I will soon get 2 to 3 days off a week. And more money. Yes, to think. That's what I want to do with my life; there I've figured it out. I want to think for a living.


you are now a pedestrian because your college aged kid came home, and is now driving your family car to go "hang out" if you will.