D-D-D-DANDY!
cri de coeurWhat I am about to tell you has nothing to do with the above picture or film from which the picture came. As someone once said, was it Samuel L. Jackson in Jurassic Park?, Hold on to your butts! I went to the Carnegie today for the first time in months. I'm still plowing my way through Anna, sometimes with my feet dug in, but moving on nonetheless. I'm on page 600, if you must know. But I decided I needed something on the side - you know, a la carte. I thought the library opened at 12 on sundays, but it's 1. Apparently a lot of other people thought that: there was about 40 people waiting to get in! I was on the verge of saying to everyone, "What, are they giving away free books?" I'm such a dork. Which, according to this website, makes me very very gay. I came in with a list and ended up, as expected, betraying the list, like Brutus. My sister is reading Julius Caesar by the way. Here's what I got: Benjamin Kunkle's Indecision, E. Annie Proulx's The Shipping News and Bad Dirt: Wyoming Stories 2, Marek Van Der Jagt's The Story of My Baldness, Charles D'Ambrosio's "The Point"; and I got these CDs: Neil Young's Greendale and Silver and Gold, a collection of early Elvis songs, Billy Bragg and The Blokes' England, Half English, and Yo La Tengo's Painful. How many of these books will I read? Hopefully more than one, but I do think I will read Indecision because it looks very promising. And all of these CDs will go onto the laptop. mwahahaha...
Family House has been very, and this is the word I've used to describe my day to 4 or 5 people, uneventful. I think it works.
I'm out of here very shortly. I plan to continue reading. So, please, get off my case.

