Saturday, September 16, 2006

Tiger BOMB!


Dustin and I once wanted to get into Techno. Don't ask why. And don't ask why we went to Walmart late one night to buy 'a techno cd'. I bought Moby. And loved it. I'm listening to some right now from the album Play. And that was the extent of my techno phase. That was my first year in college when Dustin was in his senior year of high school. That was a sad and strange time. In a cramped dorm room with someone quieter than me. And classes were much more difficult than anything I had in high school. Very hard to adjust. And I had told Em just before the semester started that I just wanted to be friends. Yeah, I pulled one of those. My reasoning: I didn't want to hurt her because I had no idea what to expect going into this very new situation. We hadn't started dating yet. Well I guess it depends on how you view it. We didn't state anythng, that I know. The first 'statement' was when I said that thing about being friends. But that October (October 24th), we did start dating. It made school a lot better.

Dustin, Em and I used to hang out all the time. We were a couple of threes. Then I became Christian and kept, subtly, trying to get Dustin to go to church. Dustin and grew apart because of this. Then he went to IUP, which added to our distance, and we really grew apart.

I could read that chain of events another way. That's the funny thing about cause and effect and regret and 'fate.' It's really just your own perspective on it, your emotional bias that does the telling. It seems to me that Dustin and I would have stayed close friends if I had not become Christian, but honestly I am just more than willing to stem all sorts of bad results from my becoming Christian. But the fact remains it brought Em and I together. At that time in Emily's life, who knows if she would have stayed with me if I had not become Christian.

If I had not become Christian. My head is flooded with 'then's. But it's a mixed bag really. Of good and bad. Bad is my friendship with people like Dustin and Steve and Chaz and my relationship with my family. Trying to proselytize my parents! The thought of that. Thank you sir, don't mind if I do. That guy is so very helpful. I wonder if he does birthdays. Speaking of which.

I'm getting old. But I don't mind. From an outside perspective I can see it looking bad. Assistant Manager at CVS. Not using my degree, as if I could anyway. But I do use my degree. Just the other day some customer asked me if we carried philosophy. I directed her to the humanities aisle and pointed out the various products: Socrates Cartoon Band-Aids, Plato and the Cave Heat Patch, Aristotle Meta-Vinegar Douche, Aquinas' Tampon and City of Tampoon, Lucretius and his Iron-On Nature-Patch, Pascal Pensee's, Montagne's Sting-Essay, Descartes' Cogito Ergo Sometimes Pill, Kant's Categorical Impotence Pills , Maxi-Hegel-pads, Hume Tiger BOMB!, Kierkegaard's Pseudonymous Vaginal Swabs, Rousseau and his Pussy Cleanser, Locke that Down Tabula RastaFarian guaze, Nietzsche and God Pills, Heidegger is a Witch! (Hazel), Wittgenstein was Gay Rubbing Alcohol, Ayer Postively Pregnant test, Davidson and his Action Patch. Incidentally, that's the extent of my knowledge of philosophy - I can name some philsosophers. That what I get for this Bad Ass degree.

Listening to Aimme Mann. Don't worry though. I like it. To the bank and the Post.

2 kind words:

Blogger Reese said...

Rousseau and his Pussy Cleanser...hahaha

12:29 PM  
Blogger bethany said...

jason. you baffle me. love, sister in law.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home