Sunday, December 04, 2005

much the



I've done it! I have finished Anna Karenina. I enjoyed it, but am glad to be done with it. Such a long novel - the longest I've ever read. It took me a little over three months. (Proof. ) Anna was such a pitiful character. The contrast between her and Levin is an interesting one. Anna was brought low, literally, by inifdelity - Levin exalted be fidelity. There's more to both of these outcomes, but I'd hate to give anything away just in case any of you want to read it. Levin's conversion was very realistically depicted and somewhat sound, as sound as a religion conversion can be. He came to a belief in God by accepting that he already believed. Kind of strange, but relatable.
Today I had a reuben from Arby's - highly recommended. And read a few articles: one on the first thriller - "The Battle of Dorking" (I actually only read a little of this one) - another on Stephen Colbert's spinoff, and another on The Gorillaz. I like to keep track of what I read, as you can tell. Or, as you might think, show off. Well to each his own.
Thanks to boingboing I came across a fantastic blog - Happy Palace. Go to it via my 'clicks'. It is pretty addictive. List-people beware. Unless you've alotted a significant amount of time on your daily list for browsing.
Tonight I get out of here at 9. I guess I'd be up for something. Although if it's at my apartment I might sleep. And I want to see James and Kim's new place very much the.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment

<< Home